I love the starting of a new year. It is a time of renewal and gratitude, a time to reflect on the previous year and make decisions for the future. It feels like a fresh slate waiting for me to write on it whatever I want.
To usher in the new year, I thought I’d share some quotes that always seem to lift my spirits and give me encouragement when I am in a low place or just need a swift kick in the pants. So here they are, in no specific order. Enjoy.
- “If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one.” –Russian proverb
- “The greatest sin is to think yourself weak.” –Swami Vivekananda
- “Choose discomfort over resentment.” –Brene Brown
- “The dangers of life are infinite, and among them is safety.” –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.” –Banksy
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” –Sir Edmund Hillary
- “Why is the thing that brings you joy scarier than the thing that brings you drudgery?” –Elizabeth Gilbert
- “No man steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” –Heraclitus
- “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” –Bear Grylls
- “Discipline equals freedom.” –John “Jocko” Willink